Violence Jack (バイオレンスジャック Baiorensu Jakku?) is a Japanese horror/action manga written and illustrated by Go Nagai in 1973. It has had several serializations and one-shot stories which have run in the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and 2000s. Most of the stories have been compiled in around 45 tankōbon while a few of them have been published as special tankōbon or have yet to be published in that format. The story concerns a giant named Violence Jack and his journeys through a post-apocalyptic Kanto, whilst coming into conflict with Kanto's new ruler Slum King, who is also a giant.
A few of the sagas from the manga were adapted in three independent OVAs released in 1986, 1988 and 1990. These OVAs have been released in the United States, Italy, France, United Kingdom, and New Zealand. In some of these countries, the contents of the OVAs have caused censorship issues, while in Australia the second OVA was banned altogether.Violence Jack was later turned into a three episode OVA in 1986, 1988 and 1990.
The series takes place in a world destroyed by a devastating earthquake in which the remnants of humanity are divided between the strong and the weak. Violence Jack is uncovered amongst the rubble and demolished granite by the inhabitants of this city, asking him to help the weak people and helping them destroy what, in most cases, are the strong groups commanded by killers and rapists (this is the story line of Violence Jack: Evil Town). In the three OVAs, Jack is requested to help different groups, such as the Zone A, (later he ends up helping Zone C women) or a small town, as shown in "Hell's Wind". As for the manga, the stories change drastically, being the first story the help of Violence Jack to a group of female models in a tropical forest in Kanto. Even though Jack contains the figure of a ruthless, evil character, he always helps the weak section of people, in trade for nothing.
Relationship to DevilmanEdit
When it was originally published there were several hints that pointed out the relationship between Devilman and Violence Jack. The most important being the physical appearance of Slum King's human pets: Ryo Asuka and Miki Makimura. However, how they came to be like that was unknown, specially since Miki was already dead by the end of Devilman. At the end of the Weekly Manga Goraku serialization, after Slum King was beheaded, he mysteriously re-appears, just as Ryo does (both he and Miki were previously killed by Slum King), this time speaking and recovering his lost limbs. The final chapter reveals that the apocalyptic world in Violence Jack is in a world re-created by God. Satan (Ryo Asuka) is punished by being constantly humiliated by Slum King (Zenon). Jack is actually Akira Fudo, and is one of three parts that form Devilman, the others being a child Jack and woman Jack, both of which were normally seen as birds around Jack from time to time. They merge in order to stop the recently awakened Satan. This time Devilman manages to stop Satan. This arc was eventually abandoned and Jack became a separate character.
It takes place mostly in whats left of Japan after the Great Kanto Earthquake destroyed it and turned it into a wasteland of Bikers and Samurai. Many towns have sprouted and they are often attackted by Bikers and some survive by living in ruins of former buildings or just in he wasteland(but there is a Jungle in one arc). The Slum King rules alot of towns and lives in a grand fortress with traps and stuff. There are oftenhouses built in the wasteland but where the wood comes from is not explained.
- Violence Jack: a giant, seemingly inhumane man who has a 40 cm jack knife and is violent in battle (hence the name). He has 3 forms. a tall buff man, a buff woman, and a buff kid. All 3 forms can transform into a golden bird that informs him of who needs his help and he has illusion and regenerative powers. He was later revealed to be the reincarnation of Akira Fudo/Devilman.
- Slum King: A giant samurai, Jack's rival and warlord of kanto. He is really part of Zenon and doesn't have a face as Zenon's face became Zuba.
- Slum Queen: Curvy girlfriend of the king. She has psychic powers and can see/sense things(often when in the nude). Her weapon is mind controlled wire she penetrates people with.
- Ryo Asuka: Limbless mute who is humiliated by the king. In here he is in love with Miki for some reason and she is often molested by the king or his dogs as torture to Ryo. Oh and he's Satan in disguise.
- Miki Makimura: Another limbless mute who is molested by the king and his dogs.
- Mad Saulus: A giant man in Evil Town who leads an underground biker gang called section B and is in love with Blue.
- Blue: A woman with a large male organ who is in a relationship with Mad Saulus.
- Kawamori: A former (mall?) cop turned rule enforcer who keeps the peace in section A when not molesting supermodels.
- Aila Mu: Fashion model who leads the curvy babes of section C.
- Rikki: A prowrestler who defends the curvy babes of section C.
- Laser: An anime only wasteland warrior under Harlem Bomber.
- Harlem Bomber/Harem Bomber: A giant wasteland warrior in "Harem Bomber", who battles Jack.
- Kenichi: An anime only wasteland warrior who is Bomber's right hand man.
- Mari: An anime only chick who is looking for her bf Kenichi.
- Yumi; An anime only 80s chick who helps Mari.
- Rose: An anime only lesbian who trains the sex slaves for Bomber.
- Sabu An anime only boy who works in a bar.
- Iron Kaiser A mother who is now a brain in a killer robot and is looking for her son Yuu.
- Yuu An orphan who may like Megu and has a chase with his killer robot mommy.
- Megu A hot babe who gets her clothes laser shot off by her love interest's mom.
- Kraken A wasteland lord who was a friend of one of his camps crossdressing lesbians and a nicer guy in the past.
- Honey Asuka Ryo's unmentioned before sister who has 6 friends. She is based on Cutey honey.
- Kibara A zoo keeper who became a jungle tribe leader after a bunch or things lead to a tropical jungle being in an open hole in Japan.
- Shingo Hibiki A androgynous shonen boy who has mental communication with a Tiger.
- Zuba The Slum King's son who has a messed up past and wants to overthrow his father. He is Zenon's face.
- Jun(Biker) A bootylicious biker babe who had her bf killed in a biker incident. She is tough and fights evil and has scars.
- Joker A biker in Hell's Wind who has a big knife that he cuts off skin and cloths from chicks.
- Bunta A young boy who grows into a wasteland shonen warrior.
- Ryu Takuma An orphaned boy who lost his family in the quake and mt Fuji erupting. He grows into a mature warrior.
- Ashura A bad guy who uses kung fu to fight against Jim Mazinger and his homies.
- Koji A Japanese boy who uses martial arts and rides on the head of Jim Mazinger to help him kung fu fight.
- Mondo Saotome the leader of the Fangs of God a resistance/terrorist group. He and Tatsuma escape death row prison to the lawless Kanto seeking better opportunities. A character from Go Nagai's manga Gaken Taikutsu Otoko.
- Tatsuma Mido Mondo's partner and a member of the Fangs of God. Often mistaken for a woman due to his beautiful looks. A character from Go Nagai's manga Gaken Taikutsu Otoko.
- Jim Mazinger A big blind black guy who's strong, agile and tough. He protects the kids and guys from attacks and gets help from this 1 kid to beat the bad guys. In other words; Sportacus from Lazy Town.
- Diana and Aphrodite: female body builders who fight with Jim Mazinger and train by fighting eachother in the nude. They're based on the chick bots from Mazinger Z
- Saburo Tenma A young boy who lives in Hope Town and has the hots for his sexy sensei Keiko. He is inspired by Jack to become buff and tough by bodybuilding in the wasteland by lifting rocks.
- Keiko A sexy school teacher in Hope Town who teaches the kids grade school things. She gets kidnapped alot.
- Simba A feral looking hairy guy who fights with claws he attaches to his arms.
The one the 3rd OVA was based off of.
The Fangs of God become infamous for their brutal actions. However everyone, but Tatsuma and Mondo die in the group in one of their attacks. They escape death row prison and reach Kanto in hopes of making it big. Jack deems them not worthy to stay in Kanto, but Mondo doesn't care and comes crawling back.
"Dragon" something. the one with the psychic girl.
"Ildred?(I-ru-do-ra-do)". the one were the 2 guys from before come back and join Cross/Tsubasa Nishikiori, Ryu Takuma helps a gold brick heist in El Dorado. Jack gets in a bazooka duel with the short haired guy.
Dragon something. Jack fights and kills a lot of people and Jun(Biker) gets shot up but is healed by Jack's magic. Jack also fights a symbolic Dragon.
Jack helps "Gari Dowatanashi(the "Na" is a geuss as i can't find my Japanese/english thing and am translating from memory) fight evil Sumo.
Jack appears as a sexy woman and saves the 2 guys from before at the Resturant Pub and as a hunky guy he kills a guy with a skull mask by healing his damage that let him regenerate.
Kurogan no something which is basically Mazinger Z in Violence Jack times with the hero robot as a black guy and Aphrodina and Diana as female body builders, with the weird looking villain Ashura and the Dr. Hell look alike getting his heart ripped out and shown to him before he dies.
Miki Makimura gets unholy things done to her by a dog. A demon child rips itself out of its mother for birth(splatter C-section) and is imprisoned in armor and is seduced by a curvy nude woman who is violated by a man. She uses the demon child/Slum King to kill her rapist, but realizes how fucked up Slum King. Slum King kills her because she deems him a monster. Jack kills a lot of people and gets easily killed by the Slum King but it may not have been real.
- Sets up the post-devilman universe.Opens with a peaceful community of survivors made up of ex-high school students living in the ruins of Tokyo. All's well until they exile one of their former teachers for attempted rape; he falls down a conveniently placed portal to hell where he is possessed by a demon.
- The new beast-man-rapist wastes little time in assembling a gang of thugs to commit nagaiesque rape and pillage; eventually, he lays siege to the kid's hamlet and basically owns them.
- Until Violence Jack falls out of the sky in a fucking meteor.
- Jack literally runs straight from his impact crater to the bad guy's camp to get some stabbin' done. As an added bonus, the beast-rapist's army had met up with an all-female army of what appear to be former rockettes and were in the midst of an orgy, so much of the battle is between a nine foot tall psychopath with a bowie knife and a gang of naked people.
- Jack triumphs against the demon with the help of some douche who also transformed into a demon but kept his human heart, yadda yadda, demon gets STABBED. And that was from just lookin' at the pictures.(This arc is based on Harenchi Gakuen)
Jack as a kid helps some punk kids in a wasteland school as female Jack gets unholy things done to her by a man she later kills and Man Jack later teams up with the other 2 Jacks to fight the Slum King but its a draw but the punk girl cleans up her act after a nude scene and goes back to school in the wasteland and puts on underpants.
Jack is captured after falling into a spike pit and is blinded in Kraken's camp. Meanwhile, a crossdressing lesbian has a flashback of how the man who became Kraken helped her and her dark lesbian past(even a yuri scene). Jack gets renewed like in Violence Jack Harlem Bomber and kills everyone with the camp slaves getting a happy ending(except kraken who died of damage). Jack is seen in tighty-whitey's.
Honey Asuka goes to Japan to find her sexy brother Ryo Asuka and it shows the story of Ryo falling in love with Miki Makimura and them getting captured by the Slum King and the other Honey girls getting info on Ryo and Honey bombs the Slum King's fortress and Jack beating up the King.
Saburo Tenma returns buffer and with a ponytail and kills some samurai but Keiko gets captured and he goes to save her. They both get shot up and Jack merges with Saburo for long enough for him to kill everyone and mourn his sexy sensei.
Zuba is shown with his black buddy Grong killing people and his past as an evil child is shown. An evil version of one of the 2 guys from before does xxx things to a woman and giant battles break out. Zuba hates the Slum King for burning his sexy mom on a cross and teams up with the Slum Queen to stop the Slum King. Jack faces King results in another draw.
Slum Queen's back story is shown with her sexy kung fu bf and her having visions of her future(and getting a snake through her groin and out her mouth). Jack cuts off her clothes after her bf faces the King and she joins the King for some reason.
Zuba sends a super team of freaks with powers and appearences similar to the Devilman Demons and Jack ices most of them after getting messed up by their powers for a bit. A town gets nuked by a volcano that may have been done by Jack.
The 2 guys from before come back and the one who did unholy things to a woman comes after them. After some reality confusion, there is a showdown between the 2 giry ones and a new (one shot 20 something year old looking) Jack lends a hand to fix the confusion.
A guy who looks like Tatsuma with half of his face burned claims his name is Mido and claims to be Tatsuma's brother. Mido had kidnapped and one of the Honeys and used her as a sex slave. Mido confronts Tatsuma and they have a showdown. Jack interferes and tries to force Mido and Tatsuma to fuse, revealing that Mido and Tatsuma are actually 2 halves of the real Tatsuma Mido. However Tatsuma refuses the merge and runs away with Mondo. Tatsuma is confronted by the ghosts of El Dorado who try force Tatsuma to remember Mondo's battle with Jack. Mondo is confronted by the real Mondo who reveals that Tatsuma's Mondo is a copy created through Tatsuma's denial of his death and the 2 Mondos merge. Tatsuma realizes the the real Mondo is not his Mondo and fights the real one. As he is about to lose, Tatsuma accepts that Mondo is dead in order to destroy the fake Mondo's body. This leaves the real Mondo's ghost without a body to inhabit and leaves Tatsuma. Forced to accept Mondo's death, the 2 Tatsumas finally merge to confront Jack for killing Mondo. As Tatsuma is dying, he dreams that he and Mondo are about to enter Kanto, but now convinces Mondo that he will go anywhere, but Kanto.
Jun-something. A new member in Zuba's army is sent to look after a Buff Bootylicious Babe who is in knight armor. They fall in love and escape as a battle breaks out with many explosions.
Fire of Majin something The cast of Dororon Enma-kun show up and fight/ b0ne the 3 avatars of Violence Jack.
Something Honey Something Honey Asuka and her homies as well as Ryu Takuma and Jack have an epic final attack on the Slum King's castle. Slum Queen's bf comes back and bites it. The honey's bite it. Ryo and Miki bite it. And the Slum king (finally) bites it (for now).
Ma Oh something. The Slum King, and Zuba merge by a revived Ryo and return to their true forms. The Jack's merge into Devilman for the final battle. Then exposition for the last bit.